Avoiding the pitfalls of DIY branding and marketing.
Branding and marketing. Every time you interact with a customer, it’s happening.
You can’t totally control how customers will respond to your messages, but you can control what messages you decide to send.
Every business has a story. It’s the reason why the business exists.
Four of the biggest mistakes many businesses and organisations make with their branding and marketing are:
- Not correctly Identifying what their ‘story’ is
- Not clearly identifying who will be interested in their ‘story’
- Not telling their ‘story’ in a way that connects with those who should be interested
- Not telling their ‘story’ continually and consistently
Once you’re clear on these key areas, then also consider the following before embarking on any marketing initiative:
- What’s the result you’re seeking (facts and ﬁgures)?
- What’s the ONE key message you’re communicating?
- Is this key message the one that will resonate with your target or the one that YOU THINK will resonate with your target?
- Is the execution and presentation of the initiative reﬂective of how you want your brand to be perceived?